Since I’ve been slacking on updates while moving the blog to a new platform I figured I would give you a quick update on a little bit of everything then come back with individual posts on the coolest adventures & most important updates. I can’t wait to share this new year with you all!
Our Salty Garden
- New Sprouts in the garden include ; Radishes, Early Straight Neck Squash, Patty Pan Squash, Rainbow Chard, Kale, Eggplant, Borage, Blue Lake Bush Beans, Cilantro, Parsley, Basil (italian & lemon) along with several tomato varieties including azoychka, chocolate stripe, yellow pear & chadwick cherries
- Our San Marzano tomatoes are still producing, and the first of our basil has gone to seed
- 7 happy healthy pak choi I’ve been cutting from should last us a while.
- 2 serrano pepper plants (they are still filling out and growing)
Our Salty Kitchen
- We’ve been baking sourdough! Keeping a starter is definitely a job, but one we love, and fresh baked sourdough is so damn good!
- Rich has been working on recipes with our homegrown and locally sourced ingredients and is contemplating dishes to sell by the shacks to Ross University Students & employees until we have our official kitchen open.
Our Salty Business
- Our business SALT is 3 components and 3 businesses in 1. SALT is a retreat, an eatery and dive/education center. We are working hard to bring to life each part of this business, and they are all at totally different stages, but we will be posting blogs about the progress of each individually as there are more developments
- We will be accepting applications for work/stay travelers very soon! Starting with skilled (licensed in their home state) laborers – builders, carpenters, masons, etc to help us build cabins, furniture, outdoor bathroom. Eventually we will open up the offer to anyone but people with the following skills will take priority ; homesteading / permaculture, marketing, crowd funding, photo/video. The application will have it’s own page on our website.
Our Salty Dives
- We’ve been enjoying our dives as always and finally out on the JC Ocean Adventures boat so Rich was able to do his first official Giant Stride entries!
- Rich will be updating his Diveary soon with all his recent dives!
- Kayla will be at Beach Bash Monday helping out Ynoga Dive / Island Dive Ops show people how awesome scuba is!
Our Salty House
- We’ve been waiting for what seems like forever for the last step of our pre-planning process to be complete. We’ve been waiting 2 months for a stamp, then we can finally submit our plans for approval. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Kayla & Rich